Tara KImberley Dulake 16 February at 19:44 Hey as you know two people from sound design have got back to me today, we will at least be meeting with one next tuesday, so we need at least a rough render for him to take away. we only technically have two weeks left, so can we all come in on monday to get everything together and know the final touches for next week, thanxs guys. from tara
We didnt manage to finish our project with the rendering. I think this is down to not haveing a porper schedule made, i made a ropey one to begin with, but some members of our team were not in to talk to properly about what we needed done, so it was getting later and later, and things were not getting finished on time, i think i may have spent a week longer on the modelling then i should have which pushed all the animating and everything else back which didnt really help matters. I think for the next project, i will defiantly do a proper schedule and try to stick to it.
Today we have been putting together our work to be handed in, i realised we didnt have the illustration we were going to use, and decided to do a quick one to put in the beginging.This was the final image, i wanted it to look like a illustration rather then a picture, i used the Stamp effect in photoshop, and i drew over the bricks and added a flower for some colour. This is the Picture i did, but it wasnt quite right . Alex did say that it should just be a quick picture. This was over complicated with the castles, so i decided to tone it down. I wasnt too sure if the back ground would match with the start of the frame anyway so i took it out and used the same colours for the background.
If i did it again, i would take more time over it, and get the actual image from after effects, then it would match up perfectly.
We were unable to get our technical advisor to help us out with the render farm yesterday as he was ill, We had already tried to put something through it on monday, but it had many issues and didnt work, so we decided to devide the layers of the renders between us, Rochelle had lights, alex had colour and i had occlusion.
The occlusion layer was not rendering as it should have, it got to 260 frames before failing, and the programme would not open up and render it out, sometimes the render would not do it, so there was many difficulties, Rochelle and alex both had the same problem after i asked them to try it themselves.
Therefore we decided to try to put the colour and the lighting layers together. However we had problems trying to match the frames together even though there was the same frame rate the picture didnt match up. As last minute, we had to make tow of both layers, We managed to put in the fairy dust, although it needs to be masked in certian areas.
Texture for phot frames made by greg Here i made a texture for the carpet of a pink carpet with green strips and a green spot to represent the pea. How ever when i loaded it into the scene it didnt match up well with the steps that were in place, so i just removed the spot and kept the stripes. This texture came from a picture i took at the castle. I have made it into a tileable texture and underneath is where i have made a bump map of it. We arent going for a realistic look, so i thought i could just use it over a colour lambert. Bump map Matresses These pictures were created by gregory to add to the photoframes in the scene. This was also created by gregory as part of the background for the beginning shot. These texture are for the matresses. We tried to get lots of different colours and patterns to show the intence number of matresses. Although at the end we didn't manage to see any of the textures i did try to create some. A lot didnt work very well, as i used nurbs to model, and they jest came out stretched over.
The book stand here was one of a last minute things. After talking about our project with our tutor, we decided that a fairy tale book opening would fit in with our opening and ending, allowing us to have a continuous story that over laps on each other.
I had a look at stands for alters, and books, i found a couple of examples, and i changed it adding the pea in the crown symbol which is in a lot of the furniture i designed. I had major problems with the pages i was trying to create. At first they wouldn't turn on the axis, i found if i grouped it to itself i wouldn't have that problem, then i wanted the page to bend and look as if you were (flicking) through the book, so i managed to rig the pages and add bend to them. I still think that alex had a lot of problems try to animate the pages, as for some reason i couldn't get them to all line up properly, but as we only have really a week left before we need to render, i think we will have to make do with what we have.