Tuesday 19 January 2010

Furniture research

As i am modeler, i thought i would do some research into the types of furniture we could use for the project.

We decided that as Princess and the pea was set in a castle, it would be along time ago. I started to look into furniture and times. Most of the furniture i liked the look of was that of Chippendale. I decided that all the furniture should have some kind of Design era to it, and that they should all look like they come from the same time era.

This First room came from a book on edwardian and Victorian furniture. I took it as i liked the lighting shining in from the window, I thought we could do a similar thing to pin point the bed.






This Picture was taken for the colors used, as the murkey green may go well in the room, And as peas are green it may go with the theme. I also liked the Arch way, and thought it was a good perspective to come from.












This picture was taken for the chandelier and the alcove going round the wall. I also liked the look of the candles dotted around for the lighting and overall effect.



















I took this picture for the pattern on the floor. If we wanted to have two separate floors we could have a balcony that went round. the top and the mattresses piled high in the middle.






I looked at the pillars as i wasn't sure if we were having them or not within the room. I could also use these designs for the bed pillar posts.














The picture on the left looked at the grandfather clock desings. I liked the top of the grandfather clock, although that pattern is a bit over the top.
The candle holders were a nice design and I want to use it for the chandalier design.


I began to look at lots of different things that would go in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment